[support] Authenticating Drupal login from different database

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 28 13:30:32 UTC 2008

Quoting Chris McCreery <chris.mccreery at gmail.com>:

> Thanks Jason, I guess I'm looking for a bit more guidance or best practice
> on this issue. Any suggestions, my other thought was the coldfusion site
> passing authentication credentials to drupal but I'm not really sure how
> this would work.

I don't know that sql_auth is the problem.  Drupal has an OpenID module
that might help if the coldfusion site can use it.  You might be able
to create a module to use hook_user API [1].  See the link [1] and
search for hook_user and user_user for examples.

[1] http://api.drupal.org/api/

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/