[support] 404 or alias for menu hook

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Mon Jan 28 20:21:41 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: support-bounces at drupal.org [mailto:support-bounces at drupal.org] On
Behalf Of Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2008 12:03 PM
To: support at drupal.org
Subject: Re: [support] 404 or alias for menu hook

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:24:17 -0800
"Metzler, David" <metzlerd at evergreen.edu> wrote:

> Yes,

No, it doesn't make sense or I didn't understand.

That means that in a whole hierarchy of menu all have to call the
same callback and then inside the callback function differentiate the
calls?

That makes the menu system useful just to build up the menu layout
(sort of).

---
Yes you can have submenus with different callbacks, what I was really
trying to get at was the tab specific case. See page 43 of the drupal
dev book.

Notice that there is no callback for milkshake/list, but there is for
milkshake.  In effect the same callback gets used for the menu item for
the MENU_CALLBACK item and the MENU_DEFAULT_LOCAL_TASK, this is directly
because of the behavior that you indicated you were trying to avoid :).
You could explicitly set the same callback for both items and get the
same behavior.

Making more sense yet?