[support] 404 or alias for menu hook

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Mon Jan 28 20:46:05 UTC 2008

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:11:28 -0800
"Metzler, David" <metzlerd at evergreen.edu> wrote:

> Woops,
>
> You've noticed that all of these are wrong:
>
> 'callback arguments' =>'mymodule_admin_settings',
>
> They should all be:
>
> 'callback arguments' => array('mymodule_admin_settings'),

That made it. I think I did a mistake somewhere and reported over and
over and over... unfortunately the code is resilient enough to accept
strings in spite of array most of the times.

drupal_retrieve_form was actually called down the path but without the
correct number of arguments.

As for "making more sense"... I think it is time to sleep.
Let me commit this working copy and later I'll see what happens if
parent and default have different callback.

I think that different callback will make harder to navigate the
menu/tab structure.
Once you go to a tab it is hard to go back to the parent page.
The Home > Administer > Site configuration > ... (how do you call it?
It's a sort of breadcrumb...) at the top push you one level higher so
you've to resort to the Navigation menu.

Avoiding duplication avoid duplicating correcting the code... so
parent with callback and default with no call back make sense.

But "this is directly because of the behavior that you indicated you
were trying to avoid :)" still does not.

Thank you very much... it was a minor annoyance (after all why users
should test random urls? <evil grin> and it didn't look as a point of
entrance for SQL injection... but I bet in a week or 2 it was going
to eat me in some even more weird way ;)

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it