[support] How to intercept the search

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Wed Jan 30 10:27:21 UTC 2008

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:16:08 +0100
Davide Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli <michel at ziobudda.net> wrote:

> Ivan Sergio Borgonovo ha scritto:
> > On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:43:42 +0100
> > Davide Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli <michel at ziobudda.net> wrote:
> >

> >> Hi all. I need to store, for a later analysis, what user write in
> >> the search box.
> >> I have searched on Google, but I have found only how to intercept
> >> and modify the output of the search.
> >>

> > Look in the watchdog table.
> >
> Tnx, but how watchdog do it ?
> Is the search.module that does a watchdog() call or the watchdog
> module intercept it  ?

I think the former... watchdog is not psychic.

Did you build up your own search facility based on drupal api? so...
why not make a call to watchdog too?
Otherwise the stuff you're looking for is already there and knowing
how it reach watchdog is purely academic for the problem you were
trying to solve.

grep and api.drupal.org helps a lot generally.

Don't forget to run cron.php otherwise the search won't work as you
may expect.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it