[support] Views not enabled after backup/restore?

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Sun Jul 6 22:37:27 UTC 2008

I'm running drupal 5.7 with the following optional modules enabled:

calendar-5.x-1.7
cck-5.x-1.6-1.
date-5.x-1.8
forms-5.x-1.x-dev
nodeaccess-5.x-1.x-dev
private_upload-5.x-1.0-beta6
quotes-5.x-1.1
sitecss-5.x-0.2
survey-5.x-1.x-dev
views-5.x-1.6
weather-5.x-6.0

I did a backup of my site database and restored it to another site (to
test the backup/restore process).  When I went to my frontpage, I got
"Page not found".  To make a long story short, it looks like the views
module didn't get re-enabled.

I could get to the /admin page and under the Site Building heading, it
didn't show views.  When I went to /admin/build/modules and ran
update.php, everything started to work again.  Does this make sense?
Should it be necessary to run update.php after a database restore?

Roy Smith
roy at panix.com