[support] upgrading to 5.8. One question.

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 15:34:59 UTC 2008

> I seem to recall I had problems way back around 5.3 doing this. I disabled
> CCK I think it was and tables such as content_type_XYZ in my db were
> eliminated, together with the content in them. Am I remembering correctly?

Can't say if it's correct or not, but I don't actually change themes
nor disable mods when I do a 'minor' update of core Drupal. It may be
risky, but I have never had a problem. But yes, disabling some modules
will IIRC remove tables and therefore data.

Either way, always do the whole process on a spare site, or at the
very least, backup your files and DB first. :)

Good luck