[support] upgrading to 5.8. One question.

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 09:12:37 UTC 2008

>> Disabling modules anyhow can certainly lose data. Even without
>> uninstalling. I disabled the Ads module on a site once, I believe, and
>> data was lost which we were forced to restore (what we could) from
>> backups.
>>
> If it does the module is broken and needs a bug report issued.  I've
> not found this case.

I believe I made a mistake. The case where I lost data I think was
actually that I uninstalled a module.

You are correct, because simply disabling module does run any code, so
how could any data be lost?

It indeed should be the case that disabling modules will NOT lose any data.

My mistake for saying otherwise.

Fred