[support] upgrading to 5.8. One question.

Neil: esl-lounge.com neil at esl-lounge.com
Tue Jul 15 08:51:23 UTC 2008

I will do some testing too on a test site. I began this thread because I'd
read in the upgrade.txt in 5.8 that "officially", you should disactivated
all contributed modules before upgrading and I raised an eyebrow,
remembering I'd had some issues with CCK by disactivating it and having
content_type_X tables disappear.

It is possible I'm remembering badly but I've heard CCK mentioned by others
in this thread and seeing as it's almost a core module in itself, it's vital
we track this problem down, should it exist.

Neil