[support] clean reinstall of fckeditor

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 16 11:22:19 UTC 2008

Quoting Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail at webthatworks.it>:

> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:40:32 +0200
> "marolijo - Pol Maresma" <marolijo at yahoo.es> wrote:
>
>> I tried it but nothing...
>>
>> Where on the database can I delete the module references? Will it
>> work?
>
> backup the DB, give a look to the .install file, disable the module,
> uninstall it and manually do everything that .install suggest you to
> do to completely wipe fckeditor from your drupal.
>
> Check if any drupal variable are set too.
>
> Did I write: backup your DB? ;)

The fckeditor_uninstall only drops the database tables.  Looks like all
of the variables in the variable table begin with fckeditor_ so a sql
query can clean that up easily.  However, all of the variable_get
operations are within the fckeditor_install and should then not be
stored in the database.  The only value a variable set in the variable
table for fckeditor is during installation of fckeditor.  You have no
chance of editing any of the values in a formal Drupal settings page.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/