[support] Quickly administering posts in theme

Stefan Nagtegaal drupal-support at robuustdesign.nl
Wed Jul 16 10:12:28 UTC 2008

Hello list! :-)

It's been a while since I targeted this list as a source of help, but
at the moment I'm completely lost..

I'll give you some background information as what I would like to do:
I think I made the ultimate Blogging theme for drupal - as you
probably all think offcourse ;-) - but now, I want to have links/
buttons to immediatly administer the viewed post. So I can delete/
unpublish/edit it.

Offcourse those links/buttons should only be available when the user
has the right permissions. Otherwise, they should be hidden or not
displayed at all.

Now, the questions are;
- How should I implement that inside my theme? Or should I write a
special module for that, bundled with the theme?
- Perhaps there is a theme which does this already and I'm not aware of?

The approach taken should be as clean as possible.

Hope you guys can help me out!

Yours sincerely,

Stefan Nagtegaal