[support] [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: Disappearing .htaccess File]]

Steve Edwards killshot91 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 21 16:14:10 UTC 2008

Aaaaaand, as soon as I send this, I see it isn't working.  I go to my
site, and I see the Gnu Public License text.  I remove the lines I had
entered, and I can get to the front page, and I'm back to where I started.

Here is the <VirtualHost> for my domain:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName cms-qa.goosenetworks.com
    DocumentRoot /var/www/html/gn-qa
</VirtualHost>

and here's how I modified it:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName cms-qa.goosenetworks.com
    DocumentRoot /var/www/html/gn-qa
    <Directory "var/www/html/gn-qa">
        AllowOverride All
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

There is a DNS setting for cms-qa.goosenetworks.com.  What I meant by
"/var/www/html/gn-qa maps to /home/myname" is that if I navigate to
/var/www/html/gn-qa, in something like WinSCP, it takes me right to
/home/500lb, which is my Drupal file root.

Whenever I add these lines, my links work for a refresh or two, but then
all of a sudden I see the Gnu text.

Sorry, I've never needed to mess with all this, so it's a bit new to me,
and it doesn't help that I'm already under a time crunch.

Thanks.

Steve