[support] New title: Upgrading CCK and Views, Was: Re: OT -- was: Re: Well

Bill Fitzgerald bill at funnymonkey.com
Mon Jul 21 17:07:53 UTC 2008

Hello, Victor,

I have not tested the upgrade path, in large part because for our use
cases upgrading from D5 to D6 will involve upgrading cck node types, and
fields -- and the actual views are predicated on those fields -- so
without the fields upgrading cleanly, the views upgrade is a less
pressing concern.

I suspect that when we start upgrading from D5 to D6, we'll use
update.php for CCK, but not for views, as I'd rather rebuild the views
cleanly in D6. Will it take longer? Maybe, but it'll also run more
smoothly, and we'll have the peace of mind of knowing that the views are
clean.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has embarked on the scripted upgrade
from D5 to D6.

Cheers,

Bill