[support] Forums permission: can anonymous users view without write privileges

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 23 14:03:11 UTC 2008

Quoting Steve Hays <hays at ohio.edu>:

> Earnie,
>
> I do have the Taxonomy module installed.
>
> I spent a while looking for "access modules," but I couldn't find any--
> at least any that were filtered for 6.  Perhaps I didn't know what I
> was looking for.  *Should* I have any access modules installed?  Is
> there one that would solve the problem?  I'm think it really is a
> permissions problem--unless, of course, other people in D6 can access
> the "forums/" page (the auto-generated index of fora) while in
> anonymous user role.

My point in asking about access modules was to determine if a contrib
module might be the issue.  I don't know how many users are actually
using D6 yet, there are some major modules that haven't published a
production ready version yet.  What about the user access permissions
for Taxonomy and Forum modules?  Are they set for access by Anonymous
Users?

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/