[support] Uploading and getting online

Steve Hays hays at ohio.edu
Sat Jul 26 16:07:49 UTC 2008

Earnie,

I couldn't get any work done last night, but by using your guidance I
established the connection with the database.

When I tried to open my site, I got:  Warning: Can't find file: './
ohiohay2_dd08/users.frm' (errno: 13) query: SELECT u.*, s.* FROM users
u INNER JOIN sessions s ON u.uid = s.uid WHERE s.sid =
'6b6dc0f4d3915201c36ba8f6f6ce3c7d' in/home/ohiohay2/public_html/
includes/database.mysql.inc on line 128

and a whole page of other errors.

So, I opened the db file I had imported, and it was empty.  It shows
the requisite number of rows or tables:  dbname(89), but when I look
into individual rows in PhPMyAdmin on the host site, they lack the
content that they have on my Mac.

The host administrator had assured me that he had installed the file,
but apparently the installation had failed.

I have since tried to reinstall.  I think the problem is the size of
the .sql text file (9MB):  PhPMyAdmin upload declares a max size of
51KB.

I'm a desktop guy with *very* little experience with hosts, their
interfaces, and conventions.  Can you give me some guidance?

Steve