[support] using two different database type

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Wed Jul 30 15:16:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 09:47:28 -0400, Earnie Boyd <earnie at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Quoting Pierre Rineau <pierre.rineau at makina-corpus.com>:
>
>> You MUST use two same database type.
>>
>> Explaination is simple, since Drupal files with pgsql support and mysql
>> support declare the same function's names inside, it's just impossible
>> to go through this situation.
>>

> Yes, this is most unfortunate.  I've an idea of how to fix it but I
> won't even begin until after the PDO patch is in.

The PDO patch already addresses this and many other issues.  It is currently ready (IMO), passing all unit tests not already broken (as of last week), and desperately needs someone to review it and mark it RTBC so that we can move on to the dozen or so follow-up patches that still need to be written.

http://drupal.org/node/225450

--Larry Garfield