[support] Simple Module Coding Question

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Wed Jul 30 18:40:38 UTC 2008

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 11:07:43 -0700
"Metzler, David" <metzlerd at evergreen.edu> wrote:

> I usually just get it using a call to arg(1) in the from rendering
> function.
>
> Make sense?

This makes your form definition function dependent on where it is
rendered.

What about
  'path' => 'somepath/'.arg(1).'/'.arg(2),
  'callback' => 'drupal_get_form',
  'callback arguments' => Array('my_form',arg(1), arg(2)),

function my_form($p1, $p2, $form_values) {
  $form['bau']=array(...);
}

I just had issues with multistep forms making use of $form_values
when I was willing to provide a fall back from somepath/1/2 to
somepath/ without duplicating too much code.
I solved it in a way that I didn't find intuitive but I forgot how I
did.

But in less complicated situation it definitively works smoothly in
D5.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it