[support] Simple Module Coding Question

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 18:58:31 UTC 2008

>> I usually just get it using a call to arg(1) in the from rendering
>> function.
>
> This makes your form definition function dependent on where it is
> rendered.
>
> What about
>  'path' => 'somepath/'.arg(1).'/'.arg(2),
>  'callback' => 'drupal_get_form',
>  'callback arguments' => Array('my_form',arg(1), arg(2)),

I don't understand you, Ivan. Using:

'path' => 'somepath',

and then calling arg(1) will yes only work at a URL of the form:

somepath/x

but your solution also only will work at a URL of the form:

somepath/x/y

I don't see any difference--on the contrary, using arg(1) etc. seems
more flexible, because then I can always access arg(3) without
worrying about adding to my callback arguments.

Perhaps I am not understanding you correctly.

Thanks