[support] Another d5 Module Coding Question

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 11:23:34 UTC 2008

I have a form which is generated--the user enters his data and submits
the form. I run a search based on that, and what I want to do is to
show him the same form again (so he can rerun it) with the search
results below it.

Whether I use drupal_get_form as the callback or whether I use a
custom function that calls drupal_get_form, it seems that me that my
form function is called before my validation function, yet its only in
the validation function that I see that I have access to $form_values.
I can run the search there, but I don't yet see how to add those
search results to the page.

I do see that the user module uses $_POST. Is that the recommended
method? In my custom function, I can just access the search fields
inputted via $_POST, run the search, and then add those results to the
form which I generate via drupal_get_form.

I can do it this way, it just seems a bit low-tech for Drupal, heh heh.

Thanks