[support] Access error in Views (D6.3)

Steve Hays hays at ohio.edu
Thu Jul 31 11:53:44 UTC 2008

I created a very simple Views page list of Books on my site (Filter:
Book Depth = 1)--an index of books.  I want it to be visible to
everyone.  Views>> Access is set to "unrestricted."  Permissions >>
Access All Views is checked for all roles, including anonymous. And
yet  it is visible to all registered users, but NOT to anonymous users
(who get only a white page).

Can anyone imagine some other permission feature I have overlooked? Or
is this a bug?
If it's a bug, can anyone tell me if there is a way to hack a
permission override for a single URL-aliased page or Views-page?

Steve Hays
Ohio University