[support] CCK Field Search

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 17:49:09 UTC 2008

I believe this question has been asked before, but I see no clear
answer. I have a site with a simple CCK nodetype with a few text
fields. We need to implement a 'scholarly' search whereby one can
limit one's search by year, Volume, author, or limit his search to the
Title field. We want something akin to the author, subject, date
feature here:

http://scholar.google.co.il/advanced_scholar_search?hl=en&lr=

The Faceted Search module I believe may have this functionality, but
neither the stable nor beta version will run correctly on the PHP 4
live server and even the stable one doesn't run on my local PHP 5 dev.
server. :(

Faceted Search is quite a complicated module. My simple approach would
be to just run a regular old text search based on the fields
submitted. I would have to add an index or two, but aside from that, I
think it would work.

Are there any better suggestions?

Thanks!