[support] CCK Field Search

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 11:59:07 UTC 2008

> Try looking into views_fastsearch.module.  It lets you leverage the search
> module's database for Views' exposed filters, creating a reasonably good
> facsimile of a per-field search.

I presume you mean to look into modifying the code, because AFAICT
this module only provides a general search on all fields within the
CCK nodes, but it can't be defined to search only only on one field.

On the other hand, in examining this, I have realized that I can
create a view and expose a filter for each CCK field in question. This
allows users to effectively search on those fields. The only issue now
is to style the search fields and also, to set it up so that when the
view first loads, no nodes appear (as opposed to ALL nodes appearing
because no search terms were setup). For that I think I could hack the
Views code.

Seems like this could be the easiest way actually. :)

Unless someone has a better idea.

Thanks,
Fred