[support] Four excellent questions

Lev Lafayette lev at vpac.org
Tue Jun 17 03:48:26 UTC 2008

... were recently submitted to me.

(1) can an a current version of a page be publicly available on the website, whilst there is another version of that same page being updated but not publicly available (with this in-editing page later becoming the current page)?

(2) we'd like to set a few users only with publishing authority, with all other users having create/edit authority, but not able to publish new or edited content. The "publishers" would review new/edited content and then publish it if OK. This issue rather presumes that (1) is possible?

(3) if a page does not have a menu item (i.e. the "menu title" field is left blank), so that it is just linked from another page, for example, is there a handy way for authenticated users to find such pages if they are not published (I think that "recent posts" works only for published content?)?

(4) can friendly URL's be created automatically, up to the last section which is the actual name of the page (e.g. x/y/z/PageTitle, with x/y/z/ being added automatically, and the page creator just having to add PageTitle)? This would "be nice" but not essential...

I gave a workaround for (1), a 'no' for (2) and (4) - with an explanation for the latter, and suggested Administer > Content Management  (admin/content/node) for the third.

Any other ideas/solutions?

All the best,

--
Lev Lafayette (03) 9925 4909