[support] Dynamically display parent/child taxonomy terms in a separate list?

Jonathan Hedstrom jhedstrom at opensourcery.com
Tue Jun 17 21:41:19 UTC 2008

Paul Kim wrote:
> Is there a way to display a single-hierarchy taxonomy terms separately?
> For example, if we have this list:
>
> Parent1
> --child1
> --child2
> Parent2
> --child3
> --child4
> --child5
>
> I want to show two drop-down menus, populating the first one with:
>
> Parent1
> Parent2
>
> Once a selection is selected in this first drop-down menu, a second
> drop-down menu is populated with the children based on the selection of
> the first drop-down menu. What's the best way to do this?

There are several modules that should address this issue. I've used
Content Taxonomy (http://drupal.org/project/content_taxonomy), which
optionally implements Active Select
(http://drupal.org/project/activeselect). There is also Hierarchical
Select (http://drupal.org/project/hierarchical_select), which doesn't
depend on cck the way Content Taxonomy does.

Cheers,

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Hedstrom                                     OpenSourcery
http://opensourcery.com                        Technology for Good