[support] Possible to add block to node content?

Matt Connolly matt at cabinetuk.com
Fri Jun 20 06:19:54 UTC 2008

Jody, in Drupal 6.2 this can be done without adding any custom modules
or theme modifications.

Log in as administrator user.

Go to:
- Administer
- Site Building
- Blocks

Then "Add Block" - create the content you want - this will be static
content, although it could be dynamic via javascript.

You have visibility controls here. eg: Make it visible to all users,
always.

There's also a section called "Page specific visibility settings" -
here you can allow the block to be shown only on specific pages within
the drupal site. (I recommend enabling the "Path" module so that you
can specify url names to pages, which makes this type of access
control easier.

When you save the block, it will appear in the disabled list back on
the Blocks page. Move it to where you want (by drag or select from
pull-down menu). Don't forget to save the page.

best,
Matt