[support] how to use the 2 blocks in single module

Jonathan Hedstrom jhedstrom at opensourcery.com
Tue Jun 24 18:14:52 UTC 2008

bharani kumar wrote:
> Dears i want to use the two blocks in a single module this is my code ,
>
> in 2 block are displayed in the blocks setting place,
>

> i enable both , its not displaying,
>
> Any idea..
>
> <?php
> // $Id$
> /**
> * Implementation of hook_block().
> *
> * Displays the most recent (x) blog titles on the user profile page.
> (x) is set in block configuration admin section.
> */
> function ptHeadlines_block($op = 'list', $delta = 0, $edit = array()) {
>   global $user;
>   switch ($op) {
>     case 'list':
>       $block[0]['info'] = t('More Headline ');
>       $block[0]['title'] = t('More Headline ');
>
>       $block[1]['info'] = t('Top Headline');
>       $block[1]['title'] = t('Top Headline');
Here you are defining $delta. The "More Headline" block is $delta == 0,
and the "Top Headline" block is $delta ==1
> [snip]
>       //this is block for top Headlines
>
>         if (user_access('access content') && $delta == 0 &&
> arg(0)=='user') {
You need to change this line to check for $delta == 1

A more common approach for the 'view' operation is to use a switch on
$delta:

switch ($delta) {
  case 0:
     // do stuff for first block
     break;
  case 1:
     // do stuff for second block
     break;

}
return $block;

Cheers,

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Hedstrom                                     OpenSourcery
http://opensourcery.com                        Technology for Good