[support] Session problems

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 25 14:10:13 UTC 2008

Quoting Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera at zmsl.com>:

> Is there anything else I can do to make sessions expiry times short? I
> have already set:
>
> ini_set('session.cookie_lifetime', 0);
> ini_set('session.cache_expire',   10);
> ini_set('session.use_only_cookies', 0);
>
> Can I improve on this?

You might try setting both of the following in your php.ini file:

<snippet>
  session.entropy_file  string
    session.entropy_file gives a path to an external resource (file)
which will be used as an additional entropy source in the session id
creation process. Examples are /dev/random or /dev/urandom which are
available on many Unix systems.

session.entropy_length integer
    session.entropy_length specifies the number of bytes which will be
read from the file specified above. Defaults to 0 (disabled).
</snippet>

The only other thing you might consider is changing the session table
primary key to a combination of sid and uid and then modify the queries
for sid to also include the uid in the includes/session.inc file.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/