[support] Navigation Block has vanished

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Sat Jun 28 12:37:09 UTC 2008

Hello,

For some reason, the navigation block has vanished from my website. But
when you login (with any account) the block appears again. This just
happened today, and I haven't touched Drupal in the last 3 days, so it
is not obviously something I did. In addition, all other blocks look
just fine. It is only the navigation block that is acting up.

Is there a setting somewhere that might make a block appear only for
authenticated users? I have Drupal 4.7 btw.

Earlier today I also got a note from a user about what looks like a
MySQL-related error. I don't know if this is at all related, but I
include it below just in case.

---------
* user warning: Got error 28 from storage engine query: SELECT
    DISTINCT(p.perm) FROM role r INNER JOIN permission p ON p.rid =
    r.rid WHERE r.rid IN (1)
    in /home/theingot/public_html/community/includes/database.mysqli.inc
on line 124.
* user warning: Got error 28 from storage engine query: SELECT t.*
   FROM term_node r INNER JOIN term_data t ON r.tid = t.tid INNER
   JOIN vocabulary v ON t.vid = v.vid WHERE (t.tid IN
   ('3','4','9','10','11','12','13')) AND r.nid = 1 ORDER BY
   v.weight, t.weight, t.name
   in /home/theingot/public_html/community/includes/database.mysqli.inc
on line 124
---------

Line 124 is inside function _db_query() and the relevant lines are:

   if (!mysqli_errno($active_db)) {
     return $result;
   }
   else {
     trigger_error(check_plain(mysqli_error($active_db) ."\nquery: ".
$query), E_USER_WARNING);
     return FALSE;
   }

So I guess all we know is that there was some MySQL error.

I don't see how this could be connected to the navigation block
disappearing, but I thought I'd include it for completeness.

I would be grateful for any assistance you may offer.

Daniel.