[support] Referencing images / multimedia content

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 3 13:38:28 UTC 2008

Quoting michel <michel at ziobudda.net>:

> Earnie Boyd ha scritto:
>> sites/sample.com/modules/5.x/mymod
> I have never see this directory name path (I intend 5.x/mymod)
>
> It mean that I can use module 5.x for Drupal 6.x ?

No.  It would store the 5.x modules for Drupal 5.x.  While
sites/sample.com/modules/6.x would store the 6.x modules.  It is an
upgrade path method I use so that I can quickly tell what modules I
have for either version for the site.  It is particularly important for
this when using multi-site and you have sites/all/modules you need to
identify the version because you could easily have more than one
version running for each site.

NOTE: I symlink the sites directory.
Install drupal to drupal/
cd drupal/
mv sites ../
ln -s ../sites sites

Then for new releases
Install drupal-new-release to drupal-new/
cd drupal-new
mv sites sites-orig
ln -s ../sites sites

You want to review changes to core changes for
sites-orig/default/settings.php and perhaps make similar adjustments to
your settings.php files.

NOTE-2: I symlink the htdocs (or whatever it is called on your system)
to drupal or drupal-new.
ln -s drupal/ sample.com/htdocs
ln -s drupal-new/ new.sample.com/htdocs

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/