[support] Finding a decent developer

Thomas G. Willis tom.willis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 14:54:19 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 8:44 AM, Gerhard Killesreiter <
gerhard at killesreiter.de> wrote:

> Neil: esl-lounge.com schrieb:
> > We are looking for a developer mainly to:
> >
> > - customise existing modules
> > - create 1 or 2 small new modules (one example:
> http://drupal.org/node/228892)
> >
> > This post isn't meant to a "help wanted" plea, more of a request for
> information as to how we can best find developers in drupal. I've posted a
> couple of jobs on the .org forum Paid Work section and not had much luck. I
> see people posting jobs there "for around $50" and get replies! Maybe
> because I never mention our budget, perhaps that's the problem. My thinking
> is that developers will quote an hourly rate or a quote for the job and I
> can decide to pay it or not. What do other people do in this respect?
> >
> > Is there a better way of finding eager Drupal developers?
>
> With the current situation where demand for developers outstrips supply
> (especially true for decent developers), you need to give more
> information about the work you need to get done. It will not hurt to
> indicate what you are willing to pay and posting a link to your website
> where you outline the work will get you more responses.
>
> Cheers,
>        Gerhard

As a full time freelancer with zero spare time I can tell you that
generally, the more detail you provide up front the better.

1: Expected time frame you are hoping to have the work completed
days/weeks/months/years
2: Whether the work can be done on site or off site.
3: Hourly rate or other compensation details.
4: Details on what you need done. IE: drupal module that does x,y, and or z
vs. drupal customizations.
5: Who you are, company info etc....

just my .02

--