[support] customising user search in admin

Robert Gravina robert at gravina.com
Thu Mar 6 07:09:14 UTC 2008

I'm having trouble customising the user search and help functions.

I have functions named theme_user_search and theme_user_help in my
templates.php, but they appear not be getting used... all other
theme_* functions are being used though.

Is there anything else I need to do? The core fuctions are in the
user module - user_search and user_help. It mentions they are
implemenatations hook_search and hook_help - do I need to customise
these, too?

I have noticed pages are often cached - I have cleared out the cache
tables in the DB, but that doesn't help.. so it appears my functions
aren't being called.

I'm using Drupal 5.3 and PHP 5.2.4

Robert