[support] New Ecommerce Product Type with Subproducts

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 18:41:15 UTC 2008

> Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? Or any solution to my basic
> problem of how to create free shipping products?

I have gotten one step further, but overall, this approach is failing. I
see that I needed to define variations unique to my freeshipper product
type and then I am able to create subproducts for a node of that type.

BUT:

1. The variations I made do not show up on
/admin/ecsettings/variation/freeshipper instead I see those for apparel

2. While creating subproducts appears to work, it also generates MySQL
errors :(

3. The real issue is that Flexicharge works now if I buy only
freeshippers or only apparels--for freeshippers there's no shipping and
for apparels the charges are correct. But if I buy both types, then no
shipping charges appear.

*Sigh* Seems like time to poke around with ubercart again. Maybe this
can be done there.

Fred