[support] 'Sticky at top' not working for me

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 7 19:18:30 UTC 2008

Quoting Jody Cleveland <cleveland at winnefox.org>:

> On 3/7/08 10:37 AM, "Earnie Boyd" <earnie at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
>> Quoting Jody Cleveland <cleveland at winnefox.org>:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've got a site running on Drupal 5.7 that sticky just doesn't work with.
>>> I've got 5 other sites using the same Drupal installation and none of them
>>> have this problem. I'm using a custom theme on that one, and I can't help
>>> but think it has something to do with the template. But, I have absolutely
>>> no idea where to even start on this one.
>>>
>>> Any ideas why Stick at top wouldn't work? (it does this for all content
>>> types)
>>>

>> Does the template have any $sticky php elements?
>
> I have this at the top of node.tpl.php:

> == 0) ? " sticky" : ""; ?><?php print ($page == 0) ? " teaser" : " ";
> ?><?php print ' ' . ($node->type); ?><?php print ($submitted && !$page) ? "

Hmm...  Can you change which theme you're using to eliminate
possibilities?  If you want just activate say garland, go to the
user/1/edit and then choose the theme to use.  If it works for garland
it is a theme issue for sure.  If not then look at the installed
modules to try to determine which one might be causing an issue.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/