[support] 'Sticky at top' not working for me

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 10 13:47:06 UTC 2008

Quoting Steve Edwards <killshot91 at comcast.net>:

> Yes, I noticed that, too.  I said that because I looked in the
> handy-dandy Chapter 8 of the 'Pro Drupal Development' book, and there is
> no $sticky variable listed for any template.  The Garland theme doesn't
> appear to add the variable in template.php, either, so I'm not sure
> where it's coming from.

Sure seems to me that it should be $node->sticky instead but variables
get created variably as well as constantly so finding where in the code
$static is created is a bit of a chore unless you just happen to know.

I use the B7 and it uses $sticky in the node.tpl.php file and I know it
works because the base.css changes the background color.  This tells me
that $sticky is a global variable that is available even though the
documented variables don't give it as one.  This of course isn't
advised normally but even the node.tpl.php file of
themes/engines/phptemplate contains $sticky so it has been propagated
via copy.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/