[support] Is this achievable using drupal alone?

eric Farris eafarris at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 16:44:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Neil: esl-lounge.com
<neil at esl-lounge.com> wrote:
> For example, a member creates a new X content type (this is the big
> question) and puts the title Dallas, Texas and writes a paragraph or two
> about it. Other members can rate that entry or attach comments to it...or,
> very importantly, add their own entry, which would have equal weight to the
> first entry. Ultimately, tags could be attached to each entry to allow some
> type of sorting.

I'd probably start by looking at Node-Auto-Term
<http://drupal.org/project/nat>, or something like it, which can make
a taxonomy term from a node. It sounds like what you're after is nodes
tagged by city, but, the user can create the city on the fly. I don't
think NAT's the final solution, but it might be something to start
with. You'd have to hook/modify it, for example, to make sure the
TaxoTerm didn't exist already when the second person comes in with a
Dallas node.

www.eafarris.com