[support] Adding Wrapper Div In Zen Theme

Steve Edwards killshot91 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 18 23:37:20 UTC 2008

I'm trying to take a static theme and convert it to Drupal, and I'm
having a problem with a background image.  You can see what I'm trying
to convert from at www.campusfiresafety.org.

The problem is the graphic that is the brown border under the navigation
bar at the top (under the banner).  It is a 174px x 1px image that
starts at the top of the page and goes down to just below the buttons.
In looking at the Zen theme, what I would like to do is mimic, that, but
the header div goes down and stops above the navbar div.  My thought was
to create a wrapper div that would encompass the header and navbar
divs.  The problem is that the navbar div is not directly adjacent to
the header div: instead, it is after <div id="content">, and inside <div
id="main-inner">, which is inside <div id="main">, which is adjacent to
can't wrap header and navbar as I would like.  Can anybody give me an
option of how to get the background image to go down through the navbar
div?  I supposed I could try moving the navbar div out of main, but I'm
not the CSS guru, so I'd be afraid of messing the whole page up.  The
other option would be to cut down the div so it fits in the navbar div,
I suppose.

You can see my attempt at http://dev.campusfiresafety.org.

On the same page, I also need to replace the text for each primary links
with a button image and mouseover image.  I've seen a few options for
ways to do that.  Does anybody have experience doing this, and
suggestions of what way would be the easiest?

Thanks.

Steve