[support] Custom Advanced Search

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 18:53:50 UTC 2008

I am trying to create a custom search, i.e. one which will only search
in certain CCK fields. I believe that hook_search for Drupal 5 is what I
need:

http://api.drupal.org/api/function/hook_search/5

but when I set this up in my custom module and run a search $op comes
through as 'name' but not as 'search'.

Yet I am seeing the search results page. Is this expected behavior? If
so, can someone explain to me what I am missing because I was expecting
$op to be 'search' so I could add my keyword pairs to the search SQL to
limit it. Or perhaps this is indeed not the correct approach?

Thanks,
Fred