[support] CCK fields being created as separate tables in the db

Neil: esl-lounge.com neil at esl-lounge.com
Fri Mar 21 09:16:23 UTC 2008

I've been pulling my hair out about this for two hours. I have made a nodeprofile content type and am using cck fields to build it.

All the fields I created were added as columns to the content_type_nodeprofile table....except the last two which were added to my db as separate tables:

content_field_hobbies
content_field_age

these were the last two I added and, also, I had a few problems with the "group" they sat in, so I ended up changing the name and deleting and recreating the groups at least once...may this have caused the issue?

I've tried totally deleting the relevant fields and groups and starting again, but they keep getting created as separate tables. Aagh!!

Basically, what is it that makes CCK create a field as a separate table instead of putting it as a column inside the content type table?

Neil