[support] CCK custom view

Robert Gravina robert at gravina.com
Mon Mar 24 16:18:03 UTC 2008

I have a CCK type (a news article)... is there any way I can give a
custom view of this (not just the node, but the whole page), so I can
output it in XML etc.? e.g /path/to/node (uses normal node view), /
path/to/node/xml (renders it in XML using a template - actually what
I want to do is render it in XHTML, but in a certain format)

I've looked at Views, but they seem geared towards rending lists of
CCK types - I just want a special view of a particular node

alternatively, I could have a module that loads the CCK type via a
callback menu item - e.g. /somecallback/path/to/node  . ... but I
can't figure out how to load the node based on the /path/to/node
information.. anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

Robert