[support] Create a streaming and a photogallery in my website

A-NO-NE Music madflute at anonemusic.com
Mon Mar 24 20:09:30 UTC 2008

Shai Gluskin / 08.3.24 / 3:42 PM wrote:

>I think there is a philosophical point here: customization often demands
>spare time and or money. Over time, Drupal and its slew of modules are
>making it easier and easier to customize more and more in less and less
>time. But there is a level of fine grained control that is either going to
>cost you time or money.
>
>I've done pretty well in working with clients to get them to see this issue
>in such a way that they were either a: more comfortable spending more money,
>or b: were willing to give up on certain customizations to save cost.
>
>Also, once you've got a client understanding this point once, working with
>them is a pleasure. I, like the next guy/gal, love pleasing my client with
>the answer "no problem, will be quite inexpensive" because a great module
>exists and the client is amazed at how little it will cost. However, no
>matter how great Drupal is, at some point customization and time/money come
>banging against each other. Getting clients and new users of Drupal  to
>understand this is quite helpful.

Well,
Since I am just a musician, I don't know if I can agree with you.
Because I didn't depend on module for audio, none of Drupal update broke
my audio playback, while I am in a bad place with Video module right
now.  The latest version will brake the site.  The current one I am
using runs fine but I don't know how to stop it showing image file at
the menu.  When I installed it, it was fine, but it got broken when I
updated Durupal 5.6, and I was too stoopid to watching it out.  It was
too late to restore the database when I noticed the problem.

The latest problem I had was that Localizer module broke the Available
Update module, which took me 2 weeks to troubleshoot.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>