[support] Mail relay

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 27 12:45:14 UTC 2008

Quoting Jason Flatt <drupal at oadaeh.net>:

> You mean something like this: http://drupal.org/project/smtp?
>
> On Wednesday 26 March 2008 7:52:36 pm Larry Garfield wrote:
>> Drupal allows you to substitute in your own mail backend.  You can write
>> your own backend that sends direct SMTP requests to your company mail
>> server.
>>
>> Note: I have never attempted to do so myself, so I have no idea how much
>> work it is. :-)  I know the devel module does offer that functionality, so
>> I suggest looking at the devel module and at the drupal_mail() function to
>> see how it works.  I'm afraid I can't offer more detailed advice than that.

CAUTION: The requirement is for your module to write a
drupal_mail_wrapper function just as smtp does.  However there are more
than one module that implements that function.  If you enable more than
one defining the same function then it breaks your Drupal system.
Besides the devel module I know of returnpath module that defines
drupal_mail_wrapper.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/