[support] Untranslatable string!

Neil: esl-lounge.com neil at esl-lounge.com
Fri Mar 28 23:22:07 UTC 2008

I have my site also in Italian and there's a string I don't seem to be able to translate.

It's the CAPTCHA explanation:

"This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions."

In the captcha.module, we find:

  $default = t('This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.');

When I go to Strings in the Localization settings, the string is found, I put the Italian translation and it continues to show English. I've cleared drupal cache tables, browser cache and even run cron manually. And then waited 24 hours and the string is still showing in its original English. When I go to Strings again, it shows as being translated into Italian (the "it" is not crossed through)...so I'm at my wit's end. I've never seen anything like it...is there any other reason why a string translation just won't "take" ?

Neil