[support] A Problem with my Imported Users (automated password reset broken)

Big Brother ignorance.is.strength at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 19:09:08 UTC 2008

Ok, I'm fairly sure I did this an unconventional way. Please don't
rail if you find I did something very... stupid.

Our current software is Scoop. We've already transferred all the
stories and comment information without problem.

I wrote all the scripts to do this. For the users I simply studied
both tables on the DBs and then figured out what I had to transfer and
where to put everything. Then I wrote the script based on that. As I
said earlier, everything works fine but this.

As for versions. Php4 all around. The old Scoop database used to be on
a server that was using MySql 3, but has been transferred to a new
server which uses MySql 5. Is that enough to affect the encoding
somehow in a way I can't or couldn't detect?

Thanks.