[support] Path trailing slash

John Fletcher net at twoedged.org
Sun May 4 02:56:42 UTC 2008

Hi,

The recent discussion about ".html" at the end of paths reminded me... I've
been wondering about the reason why a trailing slash is not allowed in
aliases created by the Path module.

Sometimes when I land on a page deep in a website, I want to see more of
what the website is about.  So I go up a few folders manually... eg. I read

www.example.com/articles/internet/whyinternetisgood.html, then I manually
enter the following into the URL: www.example.com/articles/ in order to see
the index page containing all the articles.

This reflects the basic function of HTML/HTTP.  Obviously Drupal doesn't
work like that, under Drupal you would probably need to go to
www.example.com/articles.  I wouldn't mind being able to mimic the
traditional functionality for users like myself that do "manual navigation".

Any thoughts?