[support] File Upload With Spaces Not Always Handled Properly

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Wed May 14 15:41:15 UTC 2008

Ernie and all...,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm using Drupal 5.7. I'd list modules but I'm almost certain now that the
problem isn't a Drupal problem. I'm pretty sure the problem occurs when
someone attempts to provide a direct url to the file and sends it via e-mail
-- and then somebody's email client messes up the URL. The "refferer" URL's
are usually missing from the watchdog page which means the links aren't
coming from inside Drupal.

Even though this problem isn't being caused by Drupal, I'd still love to
have a way to strip out spaces from file names upon upload just to prevent
this problem.

Shai