[support] Folding old site into Drupal structure

Tenant tenant at tenant.net
Sat May 17 20:07:08 UTC 2008

Perhaps I didn't articulate the question properly. But one can serve
site files from /home/drupal/public_html/sites/mysite.com/

I've used http://mysite.com/sites/mysite.com/
for files under:
/home/drupal/public_html/sites/mysite.com/

and the files are accessible. I have a files subdirectory for images
and the like, but other subdirectories are also accessible. Now the
files directory has a .htaccess file for security, but I never though
about putting .htaccess under home/drupal/public_html/sites/mysite.com/

I suppose I could but don't have anything sensitive there. (thoughts
on this are welcome).

What I'm really looking for is to find the best way to fold an old
existing site (many static files) into the Drupal multi-site
heirarchy. Should I move the site over to
/home/drupal/public_html/sites/mysite.com/ and put everything under
the files directory?

Or should I keep the existing old site at
/home/mysite.com/public_html and fold Drupal in over the old site?
That would create a separate Drupal installation which would require
additional upgrades.

My apologies if I'm not making this clear.