[support] Clean urls

Troy troythetechguy at gmail.com
Mon May 19 15:59:22 UTC 2008

I'm having an issue getting clean urls to work.  I'm set-up on a shared
hosting plan, and my host verified mod_rewrite is already enabled on the
server side.  I tried different settings in .htaccess, but nothing seems to
work.  Here's the interesting part: When I run the "clean URL test" it
passes and the radio buttons to enable clean urls become functional.
However, after selecting enable, then clicking save configuration, the
selection defaults back to disabled.

My drupal install is located in a directory called httpdocs, which I was
told is equivalent to /var/www.  I did not put the drupal install in a
folder of its own, rather I just installed all the files in the httpdocs
directory.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Troy