[support] 3 domains, 3 themes, 1 instance. Any clue?

Cog Rusty cog.rusty at gmail.com
Mon May 19 23:32:40 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 1:15 AM, Denis Lafont-Trevisan
<denis.lafont at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have 3 separated domains: domain1.com , domain2.com and domain3.com. All
> three are on the same hosting. I want to share the same content, the same
> modules, but I need to have different views and blocks per domains.
>
> I was thinking the easiest way was to have 1 theme per domain. But how to do
> that? Another way?

A site's current theme is in the variables table in the database. So,
one way is to make the variables table different between the sites,
using a prefix (while the other tables would be shared). How to do
this is described in the comments about $db_prefix in the settings.php
file (a prefix array).

Another easy way to un-share the current theme is to keep all database
tables shared, but override that setting in each different site's
settings.php file. How to do this is described at the comments near
the end of the settings.php file.