[support] Upload of files quietly fails (Drupal 5.7)

Uwe L. Korn uwelk at xhochy.com
Fri May 23 14:23:28 UTC 2008

I'm using Drupal 5.7 and at every place where I could upload files. For
example I want to attach a file to a node: I choose the file, click on
upload(or how it is called in English, I'm using the German translation)
and then a progress bar occurs for some seconds. After the progress bar
vanished, the web interface shows no uploaded files and the file
directory is empty.

The Upload module is activated and I should have all privileges to
upload a file because I'm the initial and only user of that installation.

Through the help of http://drupal.org/node/92944 I figured out that
there is an UPLOAD_ERR_NO_TMP_DIR while uploading the file, but Drupal
is able to write to the tmp-Directory I configured and I checked that
there are no open_basedir-restrictions for that diretory.

Systemdetails:
Debian Etch (up-to-date)
Drupal 5.7
Filesystem Writable (public method)
MySQL-Datenbank 5.0.32
PHP 5.2.0-8+etch11
PHP register globals Deactivated
Unicode-Bibliothek PHP mbstring-Erweiterung
Webserver Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) PHP/5.2.0-8+etch11
SafeMode Off

mfg
uwe