[support] acces denied (session problem?) 5.7

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Sat May 24 10:29:57 UTC 2008

I'm experiencing a similar problem described in many posts that
seems related to session handling.

I'm using PHP 5.0.4.

User log in... but it get the access denied page.

That happens randomly... sometimes they can login, sometimes they
can't.

The problem seems related to the client setup... since I can't
reproduce the problem here... but still... they are experiencing
this problem just with drupal on that hosting.

They are using IE7. I've tested with IE7 and never experienced the
same problem.

A first step would be to identify what's different in their setup
that make them experience this problem... a second step would be to
make the website work independently of their setup.

It doesn't seems to be the problem described here:
http://drupal.org/node/139464#comment-254334

since they don't have multiple cookies nor they get the wrong
password message.

I'm going to see if this get fixed pressing the magic "Reset" button
in IE and see if they experience the same problem on other drupal
sites or on any other web sites... but does anyone has any clue
about similar situations?

It really does look as a client setup problem. But still...

thanks

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it