[support] Building a 5.7 site for Jazz Club

A-NO-NE Music madflute at anonemusic.com
Tue May 27 18:14:11 UTC 2008

Hello, I am not really a PHP guy, but I like Drupal better than Joomla
even though it seems to require more skills, which kinda scare me.
Sometime I feel I am not good enough to understand Drupal documentation.

Anyway, I volunteered to build a site for a jazz club we have been
performing for many years.  The requirements as follow:
- Show schedule
- Dinner menu with specials
- Performer info linked to schedule
- Blog for show reviews
- Weekly email for upcoming shows

Questions:

· Show schedule: I started with Event module.  Is this the best option
for my needs, or anyone knows something better?  The first problem I
encountered was that I can't find the way to change the Calendar page
title from Events to Schedule:
<http://s244141005.onlinehome.us/event>
If anyone has any suggestion, appreciate it.  I like this Calendar than
Calendar module one.

· Dinner menu: I was hoping there were a module for this, but I couldn't
find any so I am about to jump onto CCK, hoping someone has better idea
before I start.  I am not too crazy about TinyMCE.  It is much easier
for me to do HTML coding for better control, but the jazz club has to be
able to do this by themselves, and they don't do HTML.

The problem with CCK image field is when there is no image assigned to
it.  It comes up with [?].  How others are dealing with this issue?

· I need to make a routine for the owner to send out emails to their
patrons for next week's show once a week.  I have no idea where I start
on this one.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>